Thursday 20 January 2011

Carmin Fishies makeover

I got the latest Didymos LE Carmin Fische because I like fishy wraps, and because it`s a 50% linen one, so that would be a perfect opportunity to finally try and break in for our own use a 50/50 wrap.
But the colour didn`t do it for us....



...so with help of some Thiourea Dioxide I managed to strip the wrap to this -sort of natty state:



But I wanted this wrap as white as possible, so tried some more stripping. Unfortunately that didn`t work, so-because I already have natty fishies (TSF), to the dye bath it went:





I used Charcoal Grey with some Jet Black (which of course rinsed out a lot, this being Rosalinde-type fabric!), and I like it as it is now, although I am thinking about giving it another bath, with just Jet Black (which would result most likely in dark, anthrazite grey). But that`s it for now, time to start breaking in!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alex, it is beautiful!! Wow, very classy! I love the natty state as well, the subtle gold on linen look, simple and rustic. Would make a great bag it scarf. Fabulous!!

    Mue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Mue, I liked it natty as well, but with TSF right next to it, there was no point...:)

    ReplyDelete