Friday 5 August 2011

GD: Kalypso Silk Waves

This time of year my thoughts escape to the Greek islands in every possible moment-maybe because it`s been three years since I last went there!
So when ever patient and lovely Jen asked me to dye her stripped silk Waves wrap-requesting one colour (pink) somewhere, the rest of colours leaving with me-I thought it could be inspired by the shades of early morning on a Greek island. You know the gist-the sea is still dark grey, gently swaying in the remains of the night, while sky above becomes subtly lit by rising sun, eventually bursting in purples, pinks and fabulous pale blues. How I wish I could board the plane now!
But I can`t.
So instead Jen`s getting the company of mysterious nymph Kalypso that held Odysseus hostage for seven years:)
I think she likes how the Waves have turned out-and I can tell her that this gradation is full of positive, dreamy vibe!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment