Tuesday 26 October 2010

Gradation dyeing-beginnings:)

As many people dyeing babywearing wraps, I`ve decided to start my own blog as well, to keep record of my projects.
The beginning was hard-I had to spend ages browsing and reading sometimes contradictory descriptions of gradation dyeing with fiber reactive dyes.
In the end, I had to literally create my own recipee, which I am still improving, as it turned out-every wrap is different and behaves differently with various dyes.
The first dye task was quite painful-I still didn`t figure out what suspension to use and what proportion of dye, salt and soda should be.
Thankfully, it is getting better;)
Next couple of post will show my finished dye jobs.
I hope that this blog will also become home of my other, non-dyeing projects at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment