Sunday 14 November 2010

GD: Atlantis

I just adore Ellevill`s Zaras and the way they dye-to me, they`re perfect for gradations, they absorb colours in the right way.
I also love blue in all shades, especially those warm seas turquoises, teals, aquamarines, cobalts... So when I got another Zara white, I knew exactly what colours it would be.
I decided to make it a three colour gradation, with tropical turqouoise in the middle and as a base; deep cobalt on one side and intensive teal on another.
Mixing the dyes was also fun-I used Cobalt Blue, Medium Blue, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Robin`s Egg and Teal-that`s a lot of colours! But the result I think, was worth it.
I`ve named it Atlantis, as it reminds me of the mysterious island described by Plato.











I am happy Atlantis has found its` home ...

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on TBW and clicked to see more. Gorgeous! I wish I had the blooming paypal tree to afford it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you
    as for the pp tree-yes I wish I had one too!:)

    ReplyDelete