Thursday 19 May 2011

Chinablue Indio!

Indio Chinablue with silk is beautiful, of course. It`s the one I had been lusting after for very long time, and it made me incredibly happy when I managed to finally get it for myself, thanks to one wonderful ISO answering mama.
BUT one thing bothered me, and it bothered me a lot-the lavender silk thread.
I love all shades of purple, from the palest lilac and lavender, to the darkest plum and imperial. But I love them in nature, or on other people. Even on my own daughter:) But not on me!
So, I decided to give it a slight makeover one afternoon, while a gradation on order was soaking in the dye, and my washing machine waited empty-drummed:)
With the help of the said washer, a few teaspoons of turquoise acid dye, some salt and vinegar, His Silkiness dove in hot water. He came in like this...



...and an hour later entered the room (well, kitchen actually, as that`s where our washer is) like this:





So, the chinablue cotton thread has remained the same of course, while the not-so-me lavender silk one has become so-much-me turquoise.
Overall effect from distance is shimmery sapphire, which I adore.
Let me say it then: I love you so much now, my little Chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment