Saturday 16 July 2011

Two silk Jades: Icicle and Silverpink

I`m still trying to catch up with updating the blog, so here are two wraps together, but they`re like sisters in reality:)
Both are 50% silk Ellevil`s Jade Shes, and both dyed with contrast, with the use of 2 different techniques (and colours) each.

First goes the Icicle. Catherine, the lady who sent it for transformation, was inspired by Didymos` beautiful Indio Eisblau (and I mean: truly beautiful one!), so first I dyed the silk thread with the mixture of Jacquard`s acid colours (Gunmetal, Silver and some blue), and then, after the prompt wash, I treated the cotton part to some usual Dharma`s procion (Wedgewood Blue and Baby Blue mostly) in a very subtle quantity.
Icicle seemed to be the most appropriate name!
And, for some strange reason, the light blue of cotton is not very much showing on my pictures, but believe me, it is there:)





Then goes almost fresh from the oven, the Silverpink silky, made on request of a very special Polish mama, who is compiling the wrap stash for her soon to be born baby. She loved the colours on the Ellevil`s bamboo Silverpink, and wanted them recreated on this silky Jade. I hope I`ve managed!
Here silk thread is acid dyed pink, and cotton procion-ed with subtle charcoal grey.



1 comment:

  1. It`s much better than ellevill`s bambooo because it`s Jade, and what`s more it`s my Jade:) kisses:)

    ReplyDelete