Tuesday 1 February 2011

GD: 2 wraps for 2 New Year`s promotion winners

So I have finally managed to finish the two winning wraps in my New Year`s lottery.
Two lovely mamas who paired up to win will be soon reunited with their transformed wraps. Both chose the green palette, one sent me a very specified project while the other left the colour decision with me (except for one rail:)

First goes Mojito for Jacquelyn. The wrap that has been sent to me is BBSlen Turkish Delight (I didn`t know those were so wide and long!). One rail was to be dyed a lemony lime green, which included the "window panel" area.
For the rest, I used my mixture of greens to create this slightly bluish/minty shade. Altogether, a full glass of delicious Mojito has been prepared along with a finishing slice of cold lime:)
(Strangely, when I presented this to Jacquelyn, she said she had used to make the best mojito drinks!This was just meant to be!)





Alisa also chose the greens, but she sent me her own project for this gradation. She wanted it to look like a tulip just before blooming, with shades of green coming from the darkest emerald to almost translucent yellowish avocado, finished with a natural, peachy rail. It wasn`t an easy task, as the first colour layer rinsed out in the wash-yes, that`s 100% linens for me!
Nevertheless, with a slightly adjusted approach, I put the colours on again, and this time they stayed. And they stayed nice and fresh:)
That`s how this lovely Tulip Bud was brought to life!



No comments:

Post a Comment