Thursday 10 February 2011

Gold Pfau formerly known as Garnet:)

So I got myself one of the latest Didymos releases, the 50% linen Pfau, in a way sort of a birthday present. My birthday is not until the 22nd, but I doubt they`ll release something special then, so this birdie has to do it.
But I wasn`t very keen on the partiotic red colour. Of course it`s better for us than the pinkish Carmin Fische, but still...
I decided to let it swim with some TD in the washer. And like Phoenix from the flames, my P(h)au came out of the water all nice and gold -white.
Much happier with it now!







And with its` black and white brothers:



And I just wanted to add a few words after reading here and there that it is spoiling a perfectly pretty wrap. Well; it is mine and I prefer bolder/calmer colours with elaborate patterns like here. The crazy red wasn`t good for us, and as much as I liked it (on other people or on a shelf;), I am intending to use this wrap, so it had to work for us colour-wise as well...
So, the genuine colours purists, please don`t look;)

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so pretty!! Good work, mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gdyby takie pawie były kiedyś na sprzedaż, to ja bym bardzo chętna była!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing momma! just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! what a gorgeous pfau!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just stunning! incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm about to buy a Burgundy Pfau & would LOVE for it to come out like yours!! What is TD & how exactly did you wash it? Thanks in advance :)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. TD is thiourea dioxide, but the bad news is, that both Burgundy and Petrol Pfauen are non-strippable:/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, now my burg pfau seems inadequate.... lol. Thanks for the info though, now I'm off to buy a Garnet :)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful! Do you think this would work on blue white pfau 50% linen?

    ReplyDelete