Thursday 10 March 2011

An update, some new fluff and a project

I have just finished a gradation on linen Moss for a very sweet mama from Poland (which I will show tomorrow as it`s still hanging on the "crane":); another linen beastie, a stripped Azur is prepared for a dip for tomorrow. This one is for another Polish lady and has been waiting for a few weeks now in the queue, but its` time has come finally.
And there`s the Rainforest grad on which I have to do some magical trick-definitely a plan for the weekend.

In the meantime I`d like to show off some of my recent acquisitions, which are so very special to me that I doubt I`ll be ever able to part with them.

First is the famous Rose silk indio, released by Didymos on 24th February, 2 days after my 32nd birthday (that number really looks bad!), so I treat it as a birthday present from me to I:)
It`s truly beautiful inspite of the pink, which in this case doesn`t bother me at all.
I love it from the first sight!



And then there is my custom full buckle ergo carrier made by the most talented, absolutely fabulous Aneta from http://www.tullimy.pl/
I sent her a 100% organically grown hemp corduroy which I dyed grey along with some Michael Moore fabric, and she created this wonderful thing:





I don`t think I`ve ever used anything as comfortable as this carrier. I am truly and deeply in awe! Thank you Aneta.

And last, but not least, my recent project (which to be honest has been in the making for a while now as I`m permanently free - time deprived). It`s a pure mix of organic hemp and silk; I had it hemmed by a professional London seamstress who has done an excellent job indeed. I`ve dyed it fuchsia pink using acid dyes, and still need to do a gradation from one rail, maybe with some Imperial Purple...? And then I`d like for it to be tested by babywearing mamas. Hopefully I`ll find time soon to finish that, and even more hopefully, I`ll find mamas ready to try it!
But from my own home testing so far I can tell it`s so supportive, and it wraps so neatly that it can be a proper summer wrap. What`s not to love about hemp and silk in the end...?
Here goes one picture for the start:



And before I finally go to sleep, here`s my little helper and constant inspiration, during our short break in snowy Poland. She wasn`t very fond of the snow, but nevertheless wanted to thank dear Sandra for something special she had sent!

3 comments:

  1. That Hemp/Silk mix is intriguing, I know I'd be more than happy to give it a test for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great:) I`m trying to make it ready for this month still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried clicking your link for the cord buckle carrier you had made and couldn't get the page to translate to english. Do you know if she has a waiting list to make more?

    ReplyDelete