Thursday 17 March 2011

GD: Forest Lake

I was wondering if there was any sense in posting pictures of this gradation here, as it`s not going to happen. But while it existed, it looked quite nice, so maybe it can be some inspiration for someone, as I really enjoyed creating this.
Gradation was ordered by Ania, a very very sweet mama whom I`ve known virtually for a while now, as our children are the same age. She wanted a blue-green combination with another "earthy" colour.
This was to be done on a linen Moss.
At first , after applying Sapphire Blue, I added the earthy colour (Rusty Orange) in the middle, then going for the Emerald Green. But somehow it didn`t look right, so I covered the orange with more green, which made the green in that part look a bit ...autumnal. I`ve added some brown at the rail, and this was created:





When I tentatively showed it to Ania, she loved the greens and blues, but had to think about the brown. And I couldn`t quite get over that rusty orange in the middle that was giving the green a strange tinting in that part...perhaps all would be well, perhaps she would love it in person, but because I get ridiculously pedantic at times, I offered to make another grad for her on another Moss , and this one went straight to the strip club:)
So these similar greens and blues will be recreated, with addition of something warmer, yet better thought of.
Thank you Ania for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment