Tuesday 21 June 2011

Zara She Luna

It`s funny how things work out sometimes, as if there was a larger plan beyond...
On the night of 15th June a major astronomical event took place in our hemisphere-the total central lunar eclipse, when the shadow of Earth passed through the moon.
Of course, sky above London was covered with heavy clouds, so I didn`t get to see it, even though I was up.
So I finished dyeing a wrap instead, just trying to imagine how things look above...
Strangely, the wrap I was dyeing-a Zara She, had the colours chosen to reflect as far as possible one special phase of the moon...because celestial bodies and their misteries are familiar subjects in the household of Ellie, who sent the wrap:)
The wrap for dyeing initially was supposed to be a linen 55, but in the end a silky Zara was chosen, and I can`t imagine a better candidate for this particular dye job, especially given the natural phenomenon that occured exactly when I was working on it.
Coincidence, you say, but "there are more things in heaven and earth, (...) than are dreamt of in your philosophy"...

So here goes, the shimmery She Luna:




No comments:

Post a Comment