Monday 6 June 2011

GD: TSN Summertime

"
Summertime and the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high
Oh your daddy’s rich and your ma is good lookin’
So hush little baby, don’t you cry
One of these mornings
You’re goin’ to rise up singing
Then you’ll spread your wings
And you’ll take the sky
But till that morning
There’s a nothin’ can harm you
With daddy and mammy standin’ by
"

George Gershwin`s Summertime is by far one of the most beautiful songs ever, and I especially love it performed by one of my favoured artists, Ella Fitzgerald. I equally adore it sung by Janis Joplin. Both absolutely stunning...just close your eyes and listen for a moment...

Ah well. Life must be good if there are still things that can bring us joy, right?:)

This Tussah Silk Nino was sent to me by one Polish mama who won the gradation slot I offered in a certain charity auction. Ewa is currently expecting another squishy and decided it`ll be a girl;) So, being a green colour lover, of course she wanted the wrap dyed green in part, as well as a bit cheerful sunny yellow and candy pink.
I dyed it using both procion mx for cotton and acid for silk dyes. The acid dye was actually turquoise, but it reacted later on with green, yellow and pink of the cotton threads, thus turning into interesting shades of green and purple on the silk threads. All in all, Ewa has ended up with a 6 colour wrap:)
I immediately thought of Summertime when I was dyeing this wrap. There was no other option for a name straight away, even though I tried...




No comments:

Post a Comment