Thursday 6 October 2011

3 silkies from Natibaby: Swans, Elves and Dandelions

These recent releases by Polish Natibaby have created some stir in the babywearing world, and no wonder: they`re beautiful, sophisticated and sturdy.
And because of silk content, absolutely fabulous to dye!

I was lucky to be able to experiment on all three of them-firstly, the swans, dyed with Red Cherry acid dye from Jacquard. It went to live in sunny Spain with one pretty mama, and it looked like this...




Next were my very own Dandelions which again I dyed with acid dye for silk-this time a mixture of Silver Grey and Jet Black to create some sort of grapphite grey:




And the last, but not least, the beautiful Elves sent by one UK mama who wanted them spiced up a little from their natural beige and white appearance. For this I used both procion and acid dyes to create a two colour effect:


6 comments:

  1. Elves got a stunning resultat but I'm grey kind of gal and I would choose Dandelions for personal use ;)
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elves, can I ask what process you used for the 2 colour? I would love to dye my silk elves chocolate and teal but I have no idea how you would do it or if it's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it might be possible, although one of the colours will have to be lighter than the other (applied on silk) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking of dyeing a silk /ramie/cotton dandelions a sage green - but am not sure which parts of the design are cotton or silk? If I dye with procion dyes and just dye the cotton then which parts will be dyed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dye jobs are absolutely GORGEOUS! How do you grad dye with acid dye?

    ReplyDelete