Wednesday 13 April 2011

Wild (Garnet) Pfau and Manilla Envelope aka Camel Indio Hemp

There are things that seem easy at first, but the result can be so unpredictable that in the end they`re not easy at all...
Lovely Spanish mama sent me her Garnet Pfau to be stripped and dyed. So, stripping WAS easy. Then, as she wasn`t really sure what colour he wanted for it to be dyed, I suggested something light, like delicate chocolatey brown, as she wanted to keep the contrast. It appealed to her, so the birds took a plunge.
And they came out walnut-y brown with light chocolate hue. It is really hard to describe the colour, but it reminds me of coffee latte with chocolate and caramel, as the linen`s golden/brass thread is quite distinguishable.
Well, I hope it`ll appeal to Charo more when she sees it in person!I can totally see her using this wrap though)





Then goes a natty hemp indio that I dyed naturally according to the wish of another mama, this time a British one:) She envisioned a camel/teddy bear/light biscuit colour and acquiring it was, in spite of the first impression, quite of a task! Alas, I think I did it, as the hempy is already back home, tortured and molested to restore its` previous floppy condition:)



1 comment:

  1. Jeezo I really love that Camel Garnet Pfau! Would you share the shade of colour? I would love to give this bath to my TSF!
    Thanks mama!

    ReplyDelete